High quality on small scale
There are quite a few rules to consider when designing icons. The visuals have to work on very small scale, which means that every pixel has to be well placed. A well designed icon is a symbol that works without description when used within a graphic interface.
It’s also important to take note of existing standard sizes for icons used in operating systems or interfaces before you start working. This collection of icon design tutorials, however, is more about the techniques, styles, tips and tricks for creating convincing symbolic visuals. The workshops may also serve as a great source of inspiration for your work.
- 40 sources of great Design and Photoshop Tutorials
- 40 photo-realistic Photoshop tutorials
- 33 icon-sets: The best examples of 2012
- 25 Adobe Illustrator tutorials
- 40 high-quality tutorials you might have missed in 2012
This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 28th, 2011 at 9:28 am and is filed under blog, tutorial. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.